To help you undersand how you could benefit, we've compliled a handy list...
- File optimization is incredibly effective at reducing the size of image-heavy documents - such as PDF, Word & PowerPoint files that don’t reduce well using other compression technologies. The reason compression rarely works is that these files predominantly contain already compressed data.
- It substantially reduces the file size of standalone JPEGs - without changing their resolution. It does this using the existing tools within the JPEG format to decode and re-encode the image using more efficient settings. The image remains the same resolution but takes up less disk space.
- The process is completely transparent - it simply targets and removes excess data from files, leaving them smaller but in all other ways identical to the originals. This ensures that file owners will not be aware of any changes to their files.
- Optimized files are permanently reduced - so optimized files do not inflate to their original size if they are subsequently viewed or edited.
- Optimization is a form of lossy compression, so the reduction cannot be rolled back - however, all Neuxpower file optimization software has sensible defaults and provides flexible settings to manage the level of reduction and avoid discarding anything important.
- Smaller optimized files don’t have to be decompressed - which means they open more quickly and without the need for extra software.
- It is complementary to other compression methods - so can easily be used alongside compression or deduplication to get even more savings.
To get the complete piture read:
File Optomization Uncovered
Our easy to digest report containing everything you ever need to know on File Optimisation, simply fill in your deatlis below and we'll send you the report straight away.