Whether you have a 2 GB, or 20 GB limit in Dropbox, staying inside it is always challenging. The things we store have an irritating habit of expanding to fill more than the available space. So if you are struggling to stay inside your Dropbox limit we thought we'd share a neat tip for using NXPowerLite to quickly and easily free up some space.
- Create a backup folder locally on your machine e.g. C:\Users\xxxxx\Documents\Dropbox-backup
- Open NXPowerLite, click "Edit" next to your "Save profile" and make sure that you select "Replace original and create backup (another folder)"
- Choose the new backup folder you have just created.and click 'OK'
4. Click "Add files" and browse to your local Dropbox folder, e.g., C:\Users\xxxxx\Dropbox\Photos\Wedding
5. Select the files and click "Add", and then click "Optimize"
6. Any files NXPowerLite optimizes in dropbox will be replaced with smaller versions, and a backup of the original will be placed in the local folder you created.
7. Dropbox will automatically detect the files have changed and synchronise, and suddenly you'll have a bunch more space than before.
If you don't already own NXPowerLite, don't worry, our free trial is fully functional for 14 days, so optimizing your Dropbox account won't cost you a bean - why not download a free trial copy and give it a try today:
Do you have any other tips for using NXPowerLite that others won't necessarily have thought of? Please share in the comments.