This Friday marks the 19th Annual Sysadmin Day; a day to celebrate the unsung heroes of the IT department. Our little tribute is to offer 50% off NXPowerLite For File Servers all week Until July 28th.
How can NXPowerLite help your Sysadmin?
NXPowerLite for File Servers is an handy piece of software that will automatically shrink PDF, Microsoft Office, JPEG and TIFF files on your servers; saving up huge amounts of space. But how does that help my sysadmin you ask? Because less time spent dealing with technical and financial problems of a bloated server means a happier, healthier Sysadmin!
Why do I need It?
Reducing your organisation's data footprint has lots of benefits, more than just the obvious increase in available space:
- Slow Storage Growth - Meaning you’ll have to pay for expansion far less often
- Extending Server Life - Fewer outages and upgrades needed
- Faster Network Access - Smaller files will be quicker to open and use up far less bandwidth
- Easier Migration - If you’re moving data around, making it smaller first is a no brainer
NXPowerLite for File Servers won't just shrink what you already have, it’s designed to be part of an ongoing data reduction strategy. After your initial reduction, it will carry on automatically scanning your server for new files and reducing them.
How do I know if I need it?
Most organizations can see huge benefits from data reduction, we’ve had NXPowerLite in companies smaller than 10 and larger than 10,000 employees. It’s used in all kinds of organizations from NATO and Nestle to education institutions and estate agents. Here’s our 3 point checklist to see if you can get the benefits too:
- Your organization uses 'local' or ‘Network Attached Storage’ to store files.
- Those files include PDF, Microsoft Office, JPEG or TIFF files.
- The cost of your storage goes up when you store more.
If you’re answering ‘yes’ to all of those, then head over to our NXPowerLite for File Server page and take advantage of our 50% off sale until the end of this week!
Happy Sysadmin Day! :)