A set of simple tutorials to help you to perform the most common tasks associated with JPEGs. There’s no need to purchase any new software, all these tasks can be carried out using the web or the tools on your desktop.
These steps will teach you how to resize an image using Microsoft Paint. This easy to use application found under the start menu will help you resize pictures in no time.
- Open the image in Paint.
- Select the entire image using the Select button in the Home tab and choose Select All. A dashed line will appear around the edge.
- Open the Resize and Skew window by navigating to the Home tab and selecting the Resize button.
- Use the Resize fields to change the size of the image either by percentage or by pixels. Paint will automatically maintain the aspect ratio, to alter this uncheck Maintain Aspect Ratio then input value into the horizontal and vertical axis.
- Hit OK to resize your image. If your images doesn’t turn out as planned hit Undo to cancel your changes.
- Click and Drag the boxes around the edges of the canvas to remove excess white-space.
- Hit Save As in the File tab and specify JPEG picture before naming and saving your image.
Learn how to make an image transparent in Microsoft Office applications. These simple steps will teach you how to make a photo transparent using a shape picture fill, so you can make text and other areas of your documents stand out.
- Open a Microsoft Office application.
- Create a shape in the document that matches the dimensions of your image.
- Right-click on the shape and select Format Shape from the subsequent window.
- Using the Fill option, select Picture or Texture fill, and insert the picture.
- Select the level of transparency using the slider.
A quick and easy guide on how to save a PDF file as a JPEG using Microsoft Word. Just follow these seven steps to transform your PDF into a JPEG.
- Open a new file in Microsoft Word.
- Go to the Insert Tab and select Photo and then Picture From File.
- Select the PDF file to be saved as a JPEG and click Insert.
- Right click on the image and select Save as Picture.
- Name your file and select the location to save it.
- Select the Format drop-down and choose JPEG as the file format.
- Hit Save and your PDF will now be saved as a JPEG.
A step-by-step guide on how to convert a JPEG to PDF in Windows 10. This simple process will let you convert images in a matter of clicks.
- Open your JPEG using Photos.
- Select the "..." button in the top right of the window and hit Print.
- Select Microsoft Print to PDF as the printer.
- Choose the page orientation that best suits your image.
- Hit Print. This will open the Save Print Output As window.
- Name your file and select the location. Hit Save and your PDF file will be created at the specified location.